View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #7234 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Of course, because scientists have a vested interest in climate change and will subdue anything that contradicts it, nor will their peers correct them. Scientists cannot be trusted!
Unlike the oil industry, which works for the better of all, not for their shareholders...

You have no proof, and not because somebody hid it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Follow the (BIG) money.

Oil companies knew about what their products are doing - at least as far back as the late 1970's. Then they suppressed it - exactly like they did for leaded gas, a bit later on; and exactly like tobacco companies did.

If you can't understand this, then you are being willfully ignorant.
Where in my statements did you gather that I don't understand competing interests? Of course there are parallels of tobacco and oil research. The tobacco litigation surrounded me when I was an intern at the Dept of Human Services.

Unfortunately fire has to be fought with fire. Those trying to make a case against someone else will say the guilty party is responsible for everything bad that occurs in the world. One could accept that untruth, or launch a counter that tends to be that they are responsible for nothing bad in the world. Somehow those absurd positions fight it out and tend towards something resembling truth in the middle.

I'm not justifying dishonest research by anyone, just saying that it's to be expected. Unfortunately our litigious society has discouraged honesty by crushing anyone that insists on it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!