View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
BongoBennie
lead foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
In my experiences, CNG would be the preferred primary fuel, although more costly and rare. Many more things are possible since it tends to not knock, tolerates lean burn, and not pollute the engne oil. We were getting 300K miles on our vans 20K between oil changes before the mechanics got paranoid about the main bearings which turned out to no be wearing much at all, so perhaps 500k between overhaul.

The downside was only about 125 miles range with two 25 gallon tanks at 3K psi, less in winter when they added air to keep pressure up. I had to refuel 3 times a day in winter
In all honesty I would love to head straight into CNG, in my world I have one pump, its at the airport which is on the commute homebound and very reliable but it's a bit more than gas. I would also be filling up every day. I AM curious about home refueling, I've done done google research over the past couple of years with little results. The "Phill" that was sold with the Civic GX seemed to have disappeared but I would LOVE to have one or something like it. If I lived in Utah it would be game on.