Thread: car wax
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackDeuceCoupe
CAUTION: May Stink!!!

BDC's Honda CiViC HX/Si - '98 Honda CiViC HX/Si (HX Shell/Si Swap)
90 day: 40.56 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via AIM to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via MSN to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDeuceCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
You use Pledge on your car paint?! It's car paint not a kitchen table.
I frequent a car detailing forum and they'd cry into wash buckets hearing that.
No... no... no...

Don't get me wrong! Maybe the word 'doused' confused you.

I put Pledge Clean & Shine on my duster, NOT my ride!!!

Cali car dusters are impregnated with wax, but it doesn't last very long - especially using it as much as I do. Plus, if your car is hot (I live in Arizona) the wax causes streaking, and so forth, and so on. Sooo...

What I do is spray the DUSTER liberally from time-to-time to replace the wax (wax doesn't work all that great). Then, I store the duster in my (hot) trunk, where it soaks into the cotton (kinda like the way a K&N air filter works). Dusters come with a zippered vinyl sleeve so the wax/polish doesn't stain your carpet.

Between 'dusting' my car twice a day, and storing the duster in my trunk, my whole ride smells like Clean & Shine - which, of course, adds a physiological component (your nose). Not only does my ride *look* clean & shiny - it *smells* clean & shiny too!

LoL!

OMG!!! I would NEVER spray Pledge on auto paint, e.g. clear coat - although it DOES work great on plastic body parts, like motorcycle/ATC fenders. You can make a 'dirt bike' look like it just came off the showroom floor using Pledge - but that's a different discussion...