View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am afraid we are keeping the moderators a bit too busy this week.

Can we split those posts into an off-off-topic thread?

You didn't recently purchase a 2002 - 2006 Camry, did you? I think that when Metro shared his story I thought "Ooh, one day this may save him a great deal of annoyance!" and forgot that you acquired a different vintage.
Well he hasn't posted again, so maybe it worked.

Anyway, what sort of mods should I be looking at? I will be driving ~30 miles down a nice paved road at 55 mph max twice every day, and hardly anybody uses the road so I can pretty much do what I want out there. Being able to drive 55 (or 50) seems like in itself will pretty much maximize the efficiency, as I think aero doesn't play a significant role at less than 55, and weight reduction mainly helps with city driving, of which I will be doing nearly none as my new job is right off this highway, less than a mile with no stops between.

There is one small town that the speed limit drops to 25 that I have always done an EOC coast down and 5th gear bump start to get out the other side, now with the auto Camry I imagine I'll just do a long DFCO coast to about 35, neutral coast through town, then a gradual pickup back to highway speed on the other side.