View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am just making sure that I will have the funds available to pay taxes. I checked my student loans and they were below $5,300, at a little over 3%.

I actually have more than enough to pay them off, but Bank of America would fine me for falling below my minimum balance, and would I exclusively use my credit card until I am paid again?
I wouldn't drain your account to that point just to save a few bucks on interest. Wait another month or two before paying off the student loans and keep your emergency fund healthy (or whatever you want to call that savings account).

Have you looked into opening an account at a credit union? They usually have fewer/no fees and less BS like high minimums for savings accounts. Also look into USAA. I got a card from USAA with 0% APR for 18 months to help lessen the blow of replacing my Camry's hybrid battery.

Not using cards with rewards is silly. I "earn" a few hundred a year in rewards buying stuff I would buy anyway and paying it off every month. The only reason not to (besides not qualifying) is if the temptation of credit cards is too much.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread