View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
litesong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacCarlson View Post
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in 235/65/17. They are definitely bigger than oem....hopefully a tad bit better mpg..... engine rpms are lower

The old goodyear tires (fronts) were absolutely shot.....new Coopers are awesome......Traction. They seem to be quite "sticky" compared to the old tires....

Most of the common tires in the factory size weigh 27-30 lbs. These weigh 35 lbs according to Cooper.

They should do very well this winter. Even with mismatched tires.....
I've done much of what you did, but with bigger than OE, used tires.
Years ago, we bought 7 new tires (Goodyear, Les Schwab). They have been very good & long enduring, but really dented our budget badly. I started getting used tires (some Coopers, Goodyear, Kuhmo, BF Goodrich, even Pirelli run-flat) for two of our cars & been very very happy. Its incredible that some people have great tires in their garages & getting rid of them for cheap. An 18", two tire set mounted on great alloy wheels cost $60. Another 18", three tire set mounted on wonderful alloy wheels cost $50. Got spare tires, that were never mounted "new" tires for as little as $10. I've got free tires that worked very well on our cars. ALL USED TIRES have given good service & given no problems.