View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I only had collision aside from renting the car. Comprehensive would cost another $67.82 for my Accord. Oh well. I will ask how much it would cost semiannually compared to semimonthly. I easily found the option on their website, but it did not show any prices.

Tom's Guide rated Straight Talk the lowest in its comparison: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-ph...w-3066-10.html

The Verizon plan that works out to $65.57 a month is actually a $35 plan, but they charge $20 for having a smart phone. I looked up taxes and fees and people were just citing a couple of dollars a month, but that was many years ago. I am sure that it would be 19.21% on $35, so it would total $41.72. My concern has always been that cell phone companies prioritize their customers over people using their network and coverage isn't great out here, so I am more likely to have difficulty if my twenty-year-old car breaks down between clients.
I'm not sure what metrics they used to rated straight talk lowest, however where I live if you aren't in a city, you can count on having no reception at all unless you are on verizon. I actually got better service with straight talk than I ever did with verizon. Now I'm on Cricket which runs on AT&T towers. I have a little worse reception than I did with straight talk, but for a family plan it costs about half as much, so it's worth it for me.