View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
USAA is the most ethical credit union I've done business with, so it wouldn't surprise me if their definition of "valuing your loyalty" is actually beneficial to you. That said, I don't know if anything else changed such as changes in your policy, changes in the way actuaries calculate risk, citations dropping off your record, your age pushing you into a lower risk group, etc.

The reason I mention insurance is that I pay something like ~$800/yr to insure 2 cars and a truck. $90/mo at your age is steep unless there are other factors such as insurance claims or citations that haven't dropped off yet. $22/mo for life seems like a lot for someone of your youth (and I assume health). You're not going to die, so it's just free money for the insurance company.

It's difficult to assign blame when fires go out of control. They are a natural occurrence in nature and typically happen frequently enough to make them relatively tame. Now that we disallow fires to burn, we've increased the severity when they do. AGW zealots would say global warming is to blame, and therefore Big Oil is 2000% responsible, plus offer the CEOs scalps to the tribe.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!