View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It was and still is disorienting to me. I use first to verify no children or obstacles are in the way, then rely on looking over my shoulder. Then I use it again when I'm getting close to something.

I'm completely disoriented trying to use it to back up in a trailer. If I thought very hard, I could figure it out, but it doesn't flow naturally like looking over my shoulder. I don't have to think while looking over my shoulder because I've practiced it so much that it's a muscle memory type of task.

Unrelated- I was surprised to learn recently from several women that proficiency in backing up a trailer is attractive/impressive. It didn’t come naturally to me at all. That contraption is pretty dang funny though!

That’s another thing - I have put too many 53’ trailers into a spot using mirrors and cranking my neck out of the drivers’ window, I have developed a nasty habit of not checking through all of my glass anymore. It’s actually weird to be able to see out of the right of a car.

I find any kind of backing or other automotive/transportation proficiency attractive. My wife, though, has none of those skills

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17