View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
GK13
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Before we can recommend modifications, it would be good to know why you want to improve your MPG. There are generally two camps here on ecomodder:
1. Those that want to modify their cars to get better fuel economy so they can save money.
2. Those that modify their cars just to try to get the highest MPG they can without consideration of whether they will ever recover the money spent on the modification in fuel savings.

I would say I am in between both camps as I look at the financial aspect of it being able to recoup the cost, but then it is a game to me seeing how high I can get the MPG.

I won't be doing the tires any time soon as I don't want to just waste the tires it came with. Thats where I am in the 1st camp. But, if I can do some other mods to the car that don't break the bank, I will certainly do them.

I think the main thing I'm interested in doing would be increasing the battery capacity and turning it into a PHEV instead of just a HEV. I of course would like to see what kind of "low hanging fruit" I can find to help with the aerodynamics of it. Like I was seeing that it's not a full belly pan when you get to the exhaust. I'd like to see it up on a lift to see where I could add more smoothing on the bottom.

What I want to do with the wheel skirts is make something that almost looks like it could be stock. Something that goes with the body lines and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Trying to find that middle ground with my car. Functional as intended, but better MPG than anyone else's.