View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I must confess I did a mistake. I was in the next room and heard the TV (which I refuse to watch sice I deeply hate LCD/LED screens) during NEWS, talking about a discovery of a new material, cheaper and able to save 75% of energy from LEDs (new LED with such material). So I researched on web and found SLAO, which I concluded that was the material.

But I found the TV NEWS on web minutes ago and it's a discovery from brazilians researchers. And LED light was suposed to be already very close to maximum efficiency of convertion of electricity to light, so it should be impossible to create a LED that saves 75% of energy, unles the LED produces energy or "burn" (convert) something of his own into light.

In portuguese:

https://youtu.be/RPvLCdiekC0?t=2588

For other side if modern high intensity LEDs was more than 95% efficient, it should not warm/get hot so much, since many LED chips produces a lot of heat.
Incandescent bulb convert only 5% of energy into light. But what is the efficience of LEDs???
The TV NEWS it's crazy, since to save 75% of energy the LEDs we use in screens should have efficiency no more than 25%.

This other report says that LEDs converts only 20% or 40% of energy into light, and the rest it's heat. REALLY ????????????????. Most journalist texts about LED lighting revolution we are said actual LEDs was converting nearly all light into electricity
We reach space but people, even who write text for TV, don't know how percentages and text concordance works

Other texts on web, not about this TV NEWS, says LEDs mconverts almost all energy into light, very unlike incandescent light bulbs.

Last edited by All Darc; 10-13-2019 at 09:54 AM..