Thread: car wax
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
meemooer
EcoModding Apprentice

Danger Ranger - '01 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4
90 day: 14.52 mpg (US)

Moms car - '05 Ford Freestyle Limited
90 day: 21.92 mpg (US)

Mistress - '10 Harley-Davidson 883 Sportster 883 Iron
90 day: 42.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to meemooer
well... as a professional detailer, i should probably chime in on this. I use Stevens Car Care, Automagic, and PDP supplies. You may not be able to get them publicly though.
I use 1 of 3 different compounds with 2 different buffing pads on a variable speed buffer[ body grinder]. Each compound has a specific purpose as well as the 2 different pads. then a quick color restore polish, with a 21lbs random orbital. use it to put it on and take it off. Then a sealant wax. My truck is swirl free, the paint has a deep shine/reflection. I do offroad it so there are some deeper scratches i haven't had a chance to fix, but i figure it'll happen again.
BTW Polish restores gloss, and you want a non silicone based polish, and wax is a "sealer" that helps keep the shine and makes the paint more resistant to fading, light scratches and environmental paint defects[acid rain, industrial fallout from pollution, "rail dust" or brake dust and bird droppings/insects]

BDC I read the pledge website. I don't see a single thing that can be "healthy" for your cars paint. Silver is easy to keep clean, and shiny. Doesn't mean that product is doing it right though. You could use a silicone based tire shine and get the same results. is it good for the paint/clearcoat, no. If you used a quality product once every 3-6 months you wouldn't have to wipe it down twice a day.

YAY!! A topic i am needed for