View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
dude7691
EcoModding Lurker

Kenny - '09 Kia Rio 1 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxx View Post
The only negative thing I can think of is increased battery wear.
If you only drive short trips in bad conditions with headlights, wipers, defroster, heater fan or bad weather often and you can coast 3/10 miles with the engine off you should think of getting a deep cycle battery and a decent charger to charge it daily.
If you only EOC down a hill to a stop sign once or twice a trip you will still see a big savings.
Another thing to do is eoc and pulse and glide however much you want and just idle the last mile or so of the trip to recharge the battery.
The battery in my car is horribly undersized, Motorcycle or Lawn Mower sized. I'm planning to find a used deep cycle battery or two and mount them in the trunk with a charger wired in so when I get home I can simply plug in a single cord and charge it. Should be around $100 because I already have an old schumacher 10A charger.
That makes sense. There's quite a few big hills on my daily commute so will definitely EOC on those once I've had some practice with it. I'd say my driving is 50% day and night but obviously some rain too. Thank you for this