View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #7484 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I don't think you quoted what you think you quoted. I wasn't talking about cell phones or technology; merely stating the obvious, that economics depends on fossil fuel consumption, and that is why developing countries are given a pass to consume whatever amount it takes for them to be considered "developed". Then they can join the rest of the people in feeling miserable, depressed, self-loathing, and consider themselves no-good exploiters of the oppressed.
Economics doesn't depend on fossil fuels.Energy is the issue.The longer you beat the same drum,the longer it will take for those you influence,to turn away from fossil fuel.And the longer it will take to reduce necessary capacity.
I've told you three times now,that China and India are exempt from emissions until they reach industrial parity,as defined by the U.N..Concentrate on the Unites States.That's where you live,and have an impact.
I strongly recommend that you spend time with the 2nd law of thermodynamics until you realize the folly of combustion,in an era of renewable electricity.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (10-16-2019)