View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
The key pattern is OFF - ACC - ON - START on most cars?
AFAIK all cars I had lock the steering wheel in OFF (but not ACC) even with the key inside. My old '85 Civic would even hold on to the key if the steering lock catches a stop so you needed to wiggle the steering wheel to get it out or in.

I tried to EOC my wife's I10 last night, returning from a gas station (she never fills up).
While it does not kill the lights if you switch to ACC it will if you switch it OFF and also if you try to start it using the starter motor... Bump start is fine.
It does burn less bright (i.e. even dimmer) on ACC though, but the engine stalls in a second.
If the I10 was my DD I'd look into wiring an injector kill switch. The safe way to kill the engine.

Every car is different in some aspects of course. Always check before getting towed!

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 10-18-2019 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: clarified engine stalling vs. killing lights
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (10-18-2019)