Thread: Anyone Use Xado
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
As I said in my previous post I'm not profiting in any way. The stretch of road I was talking about noticing higher instant MPG numbers on the Ultra Gauge is a stretch I drive pretty often and always have the c/c set at the same speed. I know there are lots of things that factor into MPG and I'm not saying the product does or doesn't work. It just seems that on both cars I've used it in mileage seems to have increased. I'll be watching my mileage closely over the next few tanks to see if my numbers increase/decrease or stay the same. We're already having some temperatures in 30's-40's at night and the use of winter blend I assume has started so I'd be expecting my mileage to soon show some, even if minimal decrease. The main reason I started the thread wasn't to promote the product I was just wondering if anyone else had used it and what their results were. I even documented the mileage on the car in my garage so I could check the results against previous numbers several tanks later. Whenever I do check it out after several tanks I'm not going to include the data from the first tank I ran though the car because it was the lowest mileage I've had to date and I was just getting use to the car and trying to figure out the best way to drive it for FE plus there was an unusual amount of wet roads on that tank.
The only way I could see this maybe helping fuel economy is if it were to help seal up worn piston rings a bit. If it's thick enough to do that, it's thick enough to clog stuff elsewhere.

Modern oil, even the cheap basic stuff, is Very good, so I really wouldn't expect any off the shelf additives to do much to improve it.