Thread: Anyone Use Xado
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
The only way I could see this maybe helping fuel economy is if it were to help seal up worn piston rings a bit. If it's thick enough to do that, it's thick enough to clog stuff elsewhere.

Modern oil, even the cheap basic stuff, is Very good, so I really wouldn't expect any off the shelf additives to do much to improve it.
The additive is not claiming to improve the oil quality. Their claim is it bonds to, fills in abnormalities, increases compression on worn engines, and creates a thin really smooth ceramic coating on the cylinder walls and bearings causing less friction. It should last about 62K miles without another treatment if you use a full dose which I didn't. I only used 1/3 of dose because my engine only has 16K miles on it and should have very minimal wear. If I do see an improvement in MPG I'll probably put in a second tube in about 20K miles. Its not real thick. I squeezed the contents into a quart of oil and shook it up to mix the two then poured it into the engine and I couldn't tell any difference in the oil viscosity.

Last edited by 2016 Versa; 10-18-2019 at 11:48 AM..