View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #7567 (permalink)
redneck
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Heritage Foundation is one of the prime sources of climate denial.
Heritage Foundation mission statement.

Quote,

Building an America where freedom, opportunity, prosperity, and civil society flourish.

https://www.heritage.org/about-heritage/mission

Quote:
Your link is proof of my point - the Koch's and Exxon, etc. have funded denial.
Here is the Heritage Foundations financial information page with all their tax records and donors . I didn’t see the Koch’s or Exxon listed.

https://www.heritage.org/article/the...al-information

From the original linked article.

Quote:
This doesn’t mean that the planet isn’t warming. But the tidal wave of funding does reveal a powerful financial motive for scientists to conclude that the apocalypse is upon us. No one hires a fireman if there are no fires. No one hires a climate scientist (there are thousands of them now) if there is no catastrophic change in the weather. Why doesn’t anyone in the media ever mention this?

But when I lifted this hood, it incited more hate mail than from anything I’ve said on TV or written. Could it be that this rhetorical missile hit way too close to home?

How dare I impugn the integrity of scientists and left-wing think-tanks by suggesting that their research findings are perverted by hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer handouts. The irony of this indignation is that any academic whose research dares question the “settled science” of the climate change complex is instantly accused of being a shill for the oil and gas industry or the Koch brothers.

Apparently, if you take money from the private sector to fund research, your work is inherently biased, but if you get multimillion-dollar grants from Uncle Sam, you are as pure as the freshly fallen snow.

The Following User Says Thank You to redneck For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (10-18-2019)