Thread: Anyone Use Xado
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
The additive is not claiming to improve the oil quality. Their claim is it bonds to, fills in abnormalities, increases compression on worn engines, and creates a thin really smooth ceramic coating on the cylinder walls and bearings causing less friction. It should last about 62K miles without another treatment if you use a full dose which I didn't. I only used 1/3 of dose because my engine only has 16K miles on it and should have very minimal wear. If I do see an improvement in MPG I'll probably put in a second tube in about 20K miles. Its not real thick. I squeezed the contents into a quart of oil and shook it up to mix the two then poured it into the engine and I couldn't tell any difference in the oil viscosity.
Confirmed my first suspicion, it's meant to plug the gap between the cylinder wall and the rings.

Filling in pores with a "ceramic" is frankly nothing but marketing BS. Putting any kind of ceramic into an engine's oiling system would be an utter disaster as ceramics are both extremely hard, and abrasive.

All this is is another high film strength additive that sticks to the rings a little better than oil, which could cause a slight improvement in a well-worn engine. However, while it does that it is displacing proper engine oil which is (well) designed to prevent wear in the first place.

Simple preventative maintenance is key, not snake oil additives. A well maintained engine that isn't a known lemon should be able to run for 500k miles very easily, provided the rest of the vehicle holds together. Number one culprit for non crash related scrap-outs of cars is automatic transmission failure, and many of these case still run quite well.