View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
How did that happen?

Don't file a claim with your insurance; have your CC insurance cover it since it won't go against your record then. I'd have them pull all that other junk you didn't do off the quote too. They are trying to take you for a ride.

Do you purchase auto insurance through a voice conversation? If so, that's why you ended up with extra insurance fluff you didn't want (accident forgiveness). Back when I was a new driver I instructed my agent (in person) to give me the legal minimum insurance because I needed to keep my cost down. Years later I found out he had given me something like quadruple the minimum, and when I angrily confronted him (he works like 3 days a week cause robbing kids is easy money), he said he always gives new drivers higher coverage because it's a "good idea". WTF- I don't have any assets to protect anyhow, and I won't as long as I'm paying too much for insurance.

Anyhow, that's how I discovered online policies, and I got my parents to switch too. Way cheaper, and you specify exactly what you want, with no decisions made by crooks.

You're paying too much for insurance even though USAA is a good place to get it. I'd look into why you're paying too much.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!