View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #7587 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
IPCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
So no comment on the retraction?
You remind me of Elizabeth warren when asked about raising taxes.

I will play make believe and pretend the paper that made up the frame work for the oceans and cryosphere ipcc report hadn't been retracted in nature and that it's still relevant, since that's what your doing.

In this report the ipcc defines pre industrial climate as the time between 1850 and 1900.
This seems odd to me for several reasons:
The industrial revolution had already stated by 1850 then exploded from 1850 to 1900.
There is seemingly no upper time limit to what "pre industrial" climate could be defined as time wise but they went with 50 years.
Just 50 years doesn't really fit the definition of climate.
1850 was the end of the little ice age and there was a rather large volcanic eruption in 1883 that caused the earth to be cooler for up to 10% of that 50 year time frame.
Why does it seem like they cherry picked a time period to define the base line for pre industrial climate in a time that isn't pre industrial or long enough to be climate and we know was unusually cool because of explainable events?
Up to around 1850,the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide was on the order of 280ppmv since 11,000 years ago,when we entered the Holocene at the end of the last ice age.Which is defined by ocean levels that are circa 1850,by definition.You should know that!.That's what's referred to as 'pre-industrial.'
We have paleo records,to the year, dating back three ice ages.We know what the atmosphere was like in the past and what the climate was like.
Our current level of CO2 reflects an Earth temperature that hasn't been seen in a great while.We'll achieve that temperature given time.That's the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (10-21-2019)