View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The existing robots all use blades that are relatively safe if they hit a person or animal. Maybe it would cause a laceration, but not bad. I've seen videos of the robots going over plastic toys, and they leave the toys intact.
Will this robot mow a pattern, or random?
So the mowing a random pattern concept has been driven into the ground. The plans are even already available on maker space for one of those three-wheeled electric fence bouncing robots already.
We are going to be mowing a pattern. Accuracy of the sensors is up to 10 mm. But we will see. Setup and implementation heavily effected the accuracy from 10mm up to 1 meter accuracy.
Also, my goal is to be able to mow any pattern we input, not just the users personal yard (which I think is lame on top of the random pattern and very limited mowing/cut).
Lastly, I'm sure our robot will be as dangerous as a standard gas mower. Except when a gas mower hits a big branch and stalls, ours gets more torque strength as the mower approaches zero rpm! So keep the small chillens away. :P
Nah I'm sure we can monitor input amperage vs rpm and see what we are mowing and if it is outside of acceptable range we can stop the blade. (think smart power tools)
For the most part we are only going to the final concept stage of development and will not be selling this so we don't have to worry about sue happy snowflakes! (see: tesla door handles)

I will for sure be building me one for personal use afterward though as I will finally be an engineer. Also, it will probably be converted to gasoline and possibly even add an alternator. A pure gasoline input automower would be heavenly and cheaper. *woot cash money* *woot no more poverty*

Daox (10-24-2019)