View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #460 (permalink)
litesong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Mitsubishi Canada confirmed today the G4 sedan is gone after this model year. The hatchback will carry on..... the Canadian market generally prefers its small cars to be hatchbacks, not sedans. It's generally opposite to the U.S. situation, eg: The Nissan Micra completely replaced the Versa sedan here. Meanwhile in the States, the Versa is available as a sedan only from 2020 on. The U.S. Hyundai Accent is sedan only; here it's hatchback only......
Of the cars I considered in the early 70's, I kick myself for NOT buying the Datsun (Nissan) 1200 hatchback, which would have been a high MPG, long enduring car. Later, I bought a used 1980 Toyota. Small, it was tough as nails, saving our lives in a head-on auto accident. Later still, I bought an ugly Plymouth Champ hatchback (Mitsubishi Dodge Colt). It served me very well on rough logging roads to many, many hiking trails, giving high MPG. Got a Ford Festiva hatchback that gave good service & MPG. Often wanted a Versa (though ugly), but you couldn't get the cheap Versa as a hatchback. At one point, my wife got a 2008 Hyundai Accent hatchback for her hard stop&go&stop commute to work. She liked it. Eventually, I "inherited" it, when my wife got a newer car. The Accent continues giving good service, at 154,000 miles.

Last edited by litesong; 10-24-2019 at 07:21 PM..