View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Thanks for calling me evil and referring to people like me as eco-terrorists. That's what I am and deserve to be called because I gave a s*** about some other people. That makes me evil. Thank you.
Don't take it personally. When I refer to eco-terrorists, it's about some folks who use a fake concern about the environment in order to push an anti-development agenda. I am favorable to some measures that I believe are good when it comes to reach a balance between environment protection and economical development, but I don't agree with some groups and so-called "activists".

Quote:
Also the hypothetical 30 cents doesn't go to the government it goes to the oil companies or refineries to pull the sulpher out of the fuel. We are talking about the fuel the boats are using. Unless I understand the problem incorrectly, I thought it was pressure on the companies to refine the fuel will cost them money and the price of doing that will affect general global gas prices. Am I missing something?
I'm not unfavorable to decrease the sulphur content on bunker fuel, but using it as an excuse to increase the price of anything else sounds quite pointless for me. Sulphur has other uses in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, which could cover at least some part of the impact on fuel prices.