View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
We went hiking in the area that the first C-max was in, so we stopped there on the way. My wife and I both drove it. I loved it. It does have a nice amount more pep than the Prius in EV and hybrid mode. I would so much like to be in an EV. The instant torque, smoothness and quietness is so nice. However, my wife did not like it. She is very used to and comfortable with the Prius. She really didn't like how far down the gauges were from the road. The Prius has the speedometer way up at the bottom of the windshield which I do agree is nice. However, the deal breaker for us was definitely the cargo area. It really just isn't big enough for us right now. Usually two times a week we pack our Prius entirely full of boxes to ship product out for our business. The C-max simply will not fit some of our larger boxes because the vertical opening isn't big enough. I find this quite odd considering its so much taller. But, the Prius hatch hinges open much farther forward which gives it a much larger opening. The battery pack in the Energi simply is too tall and takes up too much space. So, for now at least, I am going to have to take the C-max off my list of possible new vehicles.
aerohead (11-09-2019), MetroMPG (10-28-2019)