View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Once or twice a year I come in here and post something to ruffle the feathers of the wonderful collection of climate deniers and paranoid conspiracy theorists we have in the ecomodder lounge forum. I don't have the energy or time or patience to fight with the people in here all the time and I know I won't get any backup because this is an echo chamber for people like you.

And yes you in particular redpoint, I have read many of your posts over the years, and as far as I can tell you seem to think you've got everything figured out on all kinds of topics and you know what's best. And you probably have enough financial stability and confidence that in your life you may never experience a comeuppance or defeat that may challenge your perspective on things or give you a sense of humility. And you aren't even unique in that respect. There are countless others like you who walk through their lives sure of themselves and everything because it all works out perfectly in your minds, but at the end of the day we are just over evolved monkeys and you're no exception. You don't have a monopoly on wisdom just because you have an easier time putting words together or you have undentable confidence. And you can use that to swat me away as though I am an annoying fly. And you can say "oh look you reacted to this post see i triggered you" and discount everything I say, but just because you are unshaken doesn't mean you actually know anything or are right about any of the topics discussed in this thread, or the other ones I've read where you weighed in.
First, I apologize for sounding like I'm calling you evil. I don't have that impression of you at all. That said, I do sometimes point out what evil behavior looks like, and it has to do with viewing certain people as "others"; something less than human. I'm guilty of that behavior often myself, so I'm just as much in need of having bad behavior and ideas pointed out to me.

You've got me pegged as having an unhealthy confidence. That said, my genuine purpose for participating in forums is to learn, and that requires that I state things as I see them and allow them to be picked apart. I can honestly say that it brings me more joy to be shown to be wrong than to beat someone else's idea down, because that's an instance where I grow in understanding. So even though I state things with confidence from the perspective I have, I hold those thoughts as loosely as I can manage because I want to be willing to let them go if necessary.

Your point about humility is a good one. We'll all lose absolutely everything, so pain and suffering is something common to everyone in varying degrees and ways.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post and contributing on the forum. I'd disagree that we have an echochamber here, which is the appeal of this forum.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 10-28-2019 at 01:12 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
RustyLugNut (11-08-2019)