View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #7731 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
oceans,temp,Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I down loaded the oceans and cryosphere report the day it came out, so I have a copy.
I told you probably at least 5 times now that the "quantification in oceann heat up take from changes in atmospheric O2 and CO2 composition" paper has been retracted in nature, which means it's junk science.
That was the major paper for the oceans and cryosphere ipcc report. How is that not specific enough for you?

It was on here Greta referenced some old ipcc report that made it sound like a 3 degree temperature increase was certain. It sounded kind of dire. She gave the report name and page number. I was able to find the report and read the entire context and it's not as bad as she says it is.

You got me on the LNG. I don't see how they can liquify and transport it that far and have it be economical. Must to keep up with winter demand. Hey as long as it's not coming from the middle east.
Retracting ocean quantification doesn't tell us anything.Was it superceded by more current,more accurate information? There's a liklihood that the data was 2-years obsolete when it came out in the IPCC report.Do they provide some magnitude of error? The oceans have a 100-year lag-time with respect to atmospheric CO2 concentration.Have new models refined this value?
As to temperature increase,the range is as high as 11-degrees F climate sensitivity to a doubling of greenhouse gases.
As to the Middle East,and other foreign imports,gasoline in American tanks may be sourced from: Bahrain,Iran,Iraq,Kuwait,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,United Arab Emirates,Neutral Zone,Algeria,Angola,Nigeria,and Canada,at a rate of 1,362,180,000 barrels a year,as of 2017.