View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
Camber/Caster alignment questions

Hello everyone.

Just had an alignment done and was wondering about the print out they gave me afterwards. Here are the before and after numbers.....

Toe in before: Left .71° Right .22°
Toe in after: Left .02° Right .00°

Camber before: Left -0.5° Right -0.6°
Camber after: Same Same

Caster before: Left 3.9° Right 4.4°
Caster after: Same Same

It looks as though they only adjusted the toe in and nothing else. So the questions are this........

1) Is the camber being that amount off bad? According to the little graph on the print out its almost perfectly centered in the green area. I'm assuming it's pretty close to perfect.

2) Is the caster being off nearly 4° bad? Technically it's still in the green area of the graph, but not even close to being centered. Is it enough to worry about or hurting my FE?

As a side question.......I don't think there is any adjustment for the rear on my Ranger, but I'm showing positive camber and caster on the left and negative camber and caster on the right and a thrust angle of .17°

I've never looked closely at these print outs before, but not knowing exactly what these numbers mean in terms of FE, I'm not sure how to interpret them anyhow. Just looking for some clarification, education, and advice.

Thanks