View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
rob.e
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
As above, i'd leave the rear spoiler in place personally.

Wheels - get the lightest you can afford. On my civic i have some rays (forged) wheels that are significantly lighter than the factory heavy cast rims. Bought them used so not that expensive.

If you're swapping wheels, then consider also getting low rolling resistance tyres. My pirelli p7 "blue" are A rated for roll = less fuel used.

Also, as above, pump them up - you can go a bit higher than the factory recommended levels (stay within the tyre limits though) ride suffers a little, but economy goes up.

For some reason Toyota marketing folks think that folks all want a high riding 4x4 looking vehicle, so the CHR like many other sits really high. check out if you can get some lowering springs (eibach?) to reduce ride height - this not only helps your mpg but also looks cool

Other than that ^ your driving style will be biggest impact on fuel economy - lots of good eco driving tip on the wiki in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazi View Post
Do you think is gonna help the mileage of the car and economy?
But big influence not just 0.1L/100KM?
To give you an idea, with the light wheels, lowered ride height and low rolling resistance tyres added to my civic i saw about 5-10% improvement in MPG. If there were any easy things to do that gave you a big improvement then toyota would have done them already biggest impact you can make is your driving style.

Last edited by rob.e; 11-18-2019 at 05:23 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to rob.e For This Useful Post:
Cd (11-01-2020)