View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #950 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prii View Post
I am currently brainstorming ideas for an aerodynamically clean cargo trailer to pull behind my Prius for a cross-country move. I have a basic 4'x8' flatbed utility trailer (which knocks 10-15 mpg off the Prius even when unloaded), a longer converted boat trailer and a narrower jet ski trailer. My thought is to try to keep the trailer's frontal area well within the frontal area of the Prius. I need to protect the contents from weather so am toying with building a very lightweight "poor man's fiberglass" shell. I also am thinking the bottom should be sheathed to cut down friction from the road surface. Anyone have any ideas/experience along these lines?
Time, effort, energy. A Penske straight truck with the Prius on a trailer is the better option.

The problem is the inefficient design of the Prius. When you need it most, it’s unavailable. It’s naught but a one-trick pony.

Assuming your belongings are actually worth the cost of transportation (most persons possessions aren’t; same problem with paying long-term storage) then security from the elements AND theft both rate as highest considerations.

Thus the straight-truck/trailer combo. Insurance coverage.

Can the idea proposed rate full-replacement cost insurance?

Get that question answered. In writing.

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (11-19-2019)