View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #179 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Oh Holy Molly...

I imagined today I would have everything I needed for my project of vegan meat. Today the last 2 packs, for two companies that sent samples, was available for me to get. I went in home, happy, one pack was ok, but the second one they misplaced one thing, the most important of that pack.
Instead of Potato protein isolate they added a Beet fiber probiotic :

The other proteins of this pack was as should be, pe isolate, rice isolate and textured pea protein.

The potato protein it's for simulation of roasted exterior of the burger. At least it's how imçossible Foods use it in Impossible Burger. They hidrate soy textured protein with water with some potato protein dissolved on it.

Methylcelulose (M.C) high viscosity, ideal for the vegan burger, arrive okay, and also a cellulose fiber to give even more firm body to the burger, since methylcellulose and cellolose fiber work together in the biden work. I got 500g of methylcellulose and 1kg of cellulose fiber. This in theory it's enough to creat arond 30kg to 50kg of vegaan burger meat.
To get a idea, it's the same kind of methytlcellulose used in the vegan meat made for Burger King's Rebel Whopper (the vegan version of Whopper on Brazil but not by Impossibler Foods), which had very positive reviews for texture.
I have high end meat flavor, including chicken flavor, to create around 40kg of vegan meat.

For other side textured pea protein I giot just 300g, as it's voluminous and expensive, so I will text it later than the early text, liem test more after I had texted many other aspects.

Well, lets see if the company sent a new sample, with the potato isolated protein which was missing in the first time.

What a bad luck, the ingredient I spent months searching on internet.
Anyway i will see the positive side: At least I managed to get everything else.

If I get success I will try to present my creations to a food company here. I will be glad to hear tips form you folks about how approach companies.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-20-2019 at 08:34 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-20-2019)