Thread: Tow bar angle
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
You guys seriously do this without someone sitting in the towed vehicle? Have to say that's not a risk worth taking.

I have never seen someone do this, so does the towed vehicle actually "follow your turns"? Or is there somekind of link to the steering parts?
Yup, we do this without someone sitting in the drivers seat. No link to the steering, it follows the tow vehicle just fine.

Where I live it's not too uncommon to see one medium size sedan pulling 2 vehicles the same size or larger on the highway! I think they are pulling them to a body shop or something since the vehicles being towed always look damaged.

I have no way to know if they have functional brakes in the vehicles they are towing, but I would sure hope so! I can't even imagine trying to stop 3 cars with 1 small car's brakes!

I bet they probably don't have functional brakes because if they cared enough about safety to set up brakes they probably wouldn't be attempting something like that, or they would at least tow 1 vehicle a a time.