View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #2316 (permalink)
littlecars
Less gas=longer road trip

the Jelly Bean - '07 Toyota Yaris
You offer to drive to national park, on a wife-date, town... And your wife asks: "Are we gonna hypermile? Or drive normally? - If were gonna hypermile, I'LL DRIVE."

You're coming back to Colorado Springs from the Rocky Mountains and after a bit she asks accusingly: "Are we coasting?" (There's a 10 mile coast, no lie, she's lucky I don't shut off the engine...)

You always fold or remove the passenger side mirror. Your tires are filled to the max. Your chin is always up, anticipating the next quarter to half mile ahead. You LIKE worn tires, they roll better. You hug the shoulder, let the Bro-Dozer pass, and then you draft his hideous drag-mobile.

Where you can, you buy a shorter non-AC serp belt and bypass the compressor entirely! (Yaris) Wife: "Are we taking a non-AC car? If we are, I'm driving!" - (Who needs AC, living at 7,000 feet in Colorado? ; )

All your lubricants are synthetic, all filters are CLEEAN!, you always short-shift when unladen, windows= tinted, roof= painted white carefully to avoid AC.

Your brakes last 75,000 miles plus! Et cetera!

Last edited by littlecars; 11-23-2019 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: typos
The Following User Says Thank You to littlecars For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (12-27-2019)