View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on OEM parts

I only have Hondas. Both of my Hondas need parts. Mom's Toyota does not need anything. Please feel free to add anything that you find for Hondas or any other brands, I just wanted to share what I found.

I have been trying to find the best price for an intake resonator for my 1999 Accord 2.3l. I cannot find it on car-part, LKQ, or RockAuto. I bought this one from LKQ a couple of years ago for $35, but now the best shipped price that I can find is $90.71 from Honda Parts HQ, although the top of the website says "Free Shipping (up to $30) Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday with code HOLIDAYS19." They charge $74.25, plus $16.46 for shipping. I know that everybody loves Majestic. They want $73.60, plus $45.26 to ship.

Does Majestic ever have Black Friday or Cyber Monday coupons? Does anyone else?

College Hills Honda says they will have free shipping on orders over $99 through Cyber Monday. They charge $84.67 for the resonator and $59.71 for shipping.

Every Honda dealership that I have visited on-line has charged a minimum of $8 - 12 to ship, even when it was a small nut or a bolt. I have had a couple of orders where I spent more on shipping than the part itself. The resonator is not heavy, but it is big and bulky. I went through all of the Honda parts that I have ordered in the last two years, including replacing my timing and other belts, hoses, and various repairs for two cars. Those forty parts plus the resonator add up to $624.82, plus $26.17 to ship. I do not know what kind of projects would lead you to order that many parts, but you could save 4% on your order.

Yay.

College Hills wants $60 to ship one thing. I looked up all of those same items and they totaled $697.74, plus $82.49 to ship--$22.78 extra for the other forty items. You could save 9.5% through them by waiting a few days, but another 10.5% by ordering through Honda Parts HQ.

Do you guys know of anywhere else with good deals Thanksgiving weekend?