View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 12:27 PM   #37 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
It amazes me how quickly I've got from an initial impression that the truck is hideous, to it kinda growing on me.
Scott Adams was amazed too. It took him three days before he threw down his $100. I'm trying to convince my son to do that. In two years his Silverado will be paid down and his SRT-8 will have appreciated. I don't think he appreciates needing one less parking space.

oldtamiyaphile — Thanks for mentioning the Ox. There's also the VW Hormiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
Technically,the frontal area would occur at 1/3rd body length,then utilize the next 2/3rds for decelerative pressure-regain....From there,one could do any degree of truncation and still maintain the 'Kamm-Fachsenfeld' form.
Thanks. I found out if you search for 'fashenfeld' you'll never find 'fachsenfeld'. I wanted that for the discussion of Peter Brock's Cobra Daytona Coupe. I think a key feature are the generous chamfers on the front corners.

Here's an article on edges: www.seattletimes.com/.../cutting-edge-aerodynamics-auto-designers-discover-surprising-new-things-about-saving-fuel/

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-27-2019)