View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 01:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Scott Adams was amazed too. It took him three days before he threw down his $100. I'm trying to convince my son to do that. In two years his Silverado will be paid down and his SRT-8 will have appreciated. I don't think he appreciates needing one less parking space.

oldtamiyaphile — Thanks for mentioning the Ox. There's also the VW Hormiga.

Thanks. I found out if you search for 'fashenfeld' you'll never find 'fachsenfeld'. I wanted that for the discussion of Peter Brock's Cobra Daytona Coupe. I think a key feature are the generous chamfers on the front corners.

Here's an article on edges: www.seattletimes.com/.../cutting-edge-aerodynamics-auto-designers-discover-surprising-new-things-about-saving-fuel/
My geodesic dome-dwelling neighbor Bob,up the road, is friends with solar car and aircraft designer Larry Mauro,whom visits Bob from time to time.Larry's a many decades-old good friend of Peter Brock and has regaled me with many a fun tale of Brock's exploits,and Peter is held in the highest regard.
The Daytona can almost be considered a follow-on to the coupe that Kamm designed for Briggs Cunningham for LeMans, more than a decade before the Daytona,in which Carol Shelby was probably competing against. Brock,as we see, used Kamm's (Fachsenfeld's) 1930's signature truncation.