View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
... Would we call them Pro-Stupidity???
...Pro-Lie.
Pro-abortion or anti-abortion both seem very reasonable terms to me. They are specific enough and don't carry divisive connocations. Perhaps there are better terms, but at least we're familiar with these.

Quote:
By the why, Redpoint, on Brazil they are accusing a software of racism.
I don't find categorizing people by skin shade and linking it to behavior to be very interesting. What I do find interesting is the correlation between 2-parent families and various measures of life success for their offspring, for example.

If I were reviewing applicants for an academic program or employment, I would run them through a computer program that redacted the name, gender, age, and other non-relevant information so that my decisions were not biased on any of those criteria. This is the best way to facilitate equality in academia and the workplace. Any other schemes that involve giving preference based on gender, ethnicity or other attributes is the very definition of sexism and racism.

As I'm always pointing out, ease of mobility is a very recent thing for humans. On an evolutionary timescale, we've had practically no time for populations to interbreed. At some point associating someone's visual attributes to a particular geographic region will be all but impossible.

The proper level of analysis of behavior with regard to "nature" then is at the relevant parts of the genome that code for that behavior. To mention skin color or other superficial attribute with regard to behavior is ineptitude or lazy thinking.

To open a whole other can of worms, if people can choose their gender, they can chose their race, or any other way of identifying themselves. It would be perfectly acceptable for someone to identify as a bunny, for instance. I've self-identified as "Native American" since I can remember being asked on surveys. What else am I going to put? I've never been to Europe.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!