View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 64.01 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes View Post
I guess Fits hold their value! I'm driving a $300 Insight, so everything looks expensive to me!
That's because the Insight is such an underappreciated car! I'll take it though if it means the price is low.

The Fit was one of the vehicles I was considering when I bought my first car - the 04 Civic I used to hypermile and throw duct tape ecomods all over. I chose the Civic over the Fit because all the Fits were either higher priced or higher mileage than Civics, and because the Fit's shorter gearing and brickier shape would give it lower highway fuel economy. I also was only in the market for autotragic vehicles at the time, so some of the Fit's superior around town economy advantage would be lost due to not having the manual.

Looking back now I might've considered a Fit more if they were more readily available, but I surmise that Civics resell faster than Fits - I had 4 offers within the first couple days of posting the Civic. Might be possible to talk him down on price a bit because of it.

Until I became an Insight enthusiast, a 3rd gen Fit (2015+) was in the plans as my next car. I've seen some for under $6k now, and they'd likely be even cheaper once the Civic got high enough in mileage for me to get a new car.

And now I own a 265,900 mile manual Honda Insight. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)
The Following User Says Thank You to mpg_numbers_guy For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-30-2019)