View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
If someone is accessing the back of the mailbox and they are not a mail carrier, their pinkies are undoubtedly null and void.

If they are accessing the front then hopefully they are just getting their own mail.

The Postal Commander or whatever e-mailed me again this morning:

What was more important, her leaving the mail of sixteen families unsecured or not responding appropriately when a stranger demanded to talk to her?

Hey, I did not say "I pay your salary!"

[shudder] I hate when people do that!

I don't care if they are my boss!

Oh! That was the Postmaster!

Postal Commander sounds cooler.
Locked mailboxes are a joke. I open mine at the rental using channel lock pliers because they are easier to locate than the key and just as fast. Probably same method thieves used before.

All I have to go by is your account of the interaction. If the only words to acknowledge your complaint to the letter carrier was "I know", then I would say that is the only problem. If the box is broken, that isn't the carriers problem. Mail is always unsecured, even if there's some false security given by a lock. We secure things first at the family level by instilling values, then communities, and finally by law enforcement.

The reason I haven't been murdered yet isn't because of excellent gun restrictions; it's because society mostly produces people that don't want to murder. Likewise, my house hasn't been broken into for the same reasons.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (12-01-2019)