View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
What would be the best way to spend a sick day?

Apparently I get a second chance at my "Paperwork day," except I will not be paid for it, although it opens up new possibilities. I said afterward that I had hoped to apply for grad school, so that is still a good plan for today. I had actually wanted to catch up on paperwork for my home-health job, but I spent more time staring at my notes than actually writing them. I went for a walk, propped open the doors for a while (it was 48°), did push-ups for the first time in months (twenty in a row, yay me), and I even attempted a pull-up, but lack of practice and continued weight gain made that one embarrassing.

I woke up with a sore throat yesterday and went to urgent care as soon as they opened to make sure that I was safe to work with kids with special needs. They said that I had strep. Maybe part of the reason that I struggled to get anything done the previous few days was because I was starting to get sick.

I kept trying to start my notes Saturday and Sunday, but just couldn't focus. I kept trying to get more sleep yesterday, but I couldn't sleep with a sore throat. I definitely need to catch up on notes, I just will not be paid for another two weeks.

Writing notes and applying to grad school could take the whole day, but I cannot see my clients on the reservation, either, which frees up another four hours. Should I go and look at the $2,000 Fit that I never linked? (https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3605641897173/)

Should I call LKQ, the places advertising Accords for parts on OfferUp, and other junkyards looking for my resonator, and then go and get it?

I would rather order a new one from Honda Parts HQ. As long as I order today I can get it for $74.25 with free shipping. I e-mailed LKQ. They are 175 miles away. If they have another resonator and they still charge $35, gas would be about $26.90. It would absolutely be worth $12.35 to avoid seven hours of driving; I am just not convinced that it is worth $74.25. I have found a few junkyards within an hour of here. I e-mailed them.

Car-part shows five cars with air boxes this side of Phoenix, so hopefully I could find something a little closer.

Should I look at this $1,100 Civic an hour away. Just like mine, it has a cracked header! (It looks worse than mine):

"only $50 At a junk yard!" (I cannot find any that cheap) "4 matching Acura rims and tires!"

What other lies are they telling?!

Then there is whatever this is: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0066232612992/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cracked header.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	27273   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 matching Acura rims and tires.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	27274