View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #83 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
The scale won't be an issue as long as he selects a velocity which will ensure supercritical Reynolds number,and fully-turbulent boundary layer;something aerodynamicists refer to as varisimilitude.
But he didn't he just ran them all, the full scale Tesla and the toy Ford and Ram, at the same 65mph. The worst thing is there was no reason to leave the toy dimensions in the simulation and not the real, readily available dimensions on the Ford and Ram. Makes me think he is more of an amateur than me, and I'm definitely an amateur.
I would love it if a clean version of the Cybertruck can get .3 or even under. I know I can build a perfectly clean version as a fold out camper. That's my new camper design if it gets .3-.35 with fender flairs, mirrors, and wipers. Means a camper that shape without any add ons would be under .3.

Ps, actually even if it's .45 I will use that as a design, just because a bunch of Cybertruck owners would be partial to buying a matching Cybertruck trailer. I could do pure cargo, or I bet designed to even fit a Model 3 inside, or the 4 wheelers or snowmobiles, and of course a popup camper version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-02-2019)