View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I hope the principal would order me to go home if I showed up with strep, even if I wore a mask, and speech therapy is far less effective while wearing a mask.

I guess that I could have gone into urgent care when I first noticed a sore throat. It may have gone away on its own, but as long as the strep test caught it, I could have been quarantined on Sunday, back to work yesterday, and could have spared myself some suffering, although I wonder how often I get sore throats that never get worse.

The fun part was that a friend was in-town and kept hinting that she wanted to see me and then getting passive aggressive. I keep telling her that hints and passive aggressiveness are counterproductive, but she keeps trying harder and harder. Had she asked if I wanted to do something I very well may have responded "I can't! I haven't gotten anything done!"

However, I did look up movie showings, and was willing to give up trying to be productive if she would just be nice. She didn't and that is the story of how my friend kept from getting strep.

I think she is still upset with me, though.

Seriously? She wanted strep?!