View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #163 (permalink)
ldjessee00
EcoModding Apprentice

The Leaf - '17 Nissan Leaf SL

Outback - '16 Subaru Outback

Vaquero - '20 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
Another aspect I forgot about until I was looking over my notes was maybe this can help offset drain from keeping the system running while parked?

I have seen people do videos of Tesla that are parked at the airport or someplace while their owner traveled on vacation, work, etc and the EV was parked for several weeks. The differences in how they left it, how often they checked in on the vehicle via their phone app, etc.

Solar panel efficiency drops as the temperature rises, you might be better putting it on a mountain... Dry, cool, less atmosphere, lower average temps, and more sun days than the average might be better. Say the rain shadow of a mountain covers its southern slope? Not sure where that would be, but it probably exists...

And, we all know that convenience wins over logic and absolute utility. Almost no one would own cars. City trolleys and subways would be the primary way to get around any city. Trains would be the major method for long distance transportation and planes would almost never be used, as they just do not make sense except for those who for some reason have to get there faster than a ship or train can take them. The highway system would be much smaller and trucks only used to move goods from ports and train stations in the local area, not driving 4,000 miles burning so much more fuel than a train would...