View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
I saw the car, but I did not have too much time before going to work. I printed off a car inspection checklist that Popular Mechanics put out a while ago and grabbed the necessary tools, but I also adjusted the serpentine belt on my Accord [again]. It hadn't squealed until it started raining and snowing. It seems a little too tight, so I will loosen it a little and see if the squeals return.

The car looks good. I didn't inspect anything because it turns out that the owner is another Speech-Language Pathology Assistant and we talked about that more than anything else. He says that the cruise control works, but only when held down, so he Jerry-rigged a paperclip to keep it in.

I was not sure that it was faster than my Accord, but I had not really driven a manual in over a year. I forgot to put in the clutch one time that I came to a stop!

I drove for about ten minutes on the highway. There really isn't any city driving anywhere near here.

He says that the AC compressor went out and he had someone install a cheap eBay one that died two days later. He bought another compressor, which will be installed on Monday. He also said that he has a friend that offered $1,600, so I have competition?

I had planned on negotiating, but not 20% unless more problems turned up.

I was supposed to see three clients today, but the mom of one is out-of-town--without my client. She gave me the number of the lady being paid to take care of her, but she is too busy for me to be able to do my job?

I stopped for a burrito before seeing my last client client and kicking some tires.

A lady just stopped at the same restaurant with two girls that attend the school where I work. One gave me a side hug and called me Mr. Pig.
Ecky (12-06-2019)