View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
TaylorL
EcoModding Lurker

Savy Civic - '01 Honda Civic Lx Coupe
90 day: 49.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
the Torque app overestimated around town fuel economy by about 20%, and underestimated highway fuel economy by about 20%.
Thanks for the welcome! I've been looking at the torque app as a cheaper alternative to a scangauge for testing and monitoring purposes. Do you have any input on that? I do a lot of engine off coasting, one of my concerns is that the app may disconnect briefly when the engine is killed? I'm also curious if the torque app has a way of manually adjusting the MPG readout for accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Pump up those tires, but don't run over 60 PSI. 68 PSI made my Civic a little squirmy on concrete highway in strong winds. An inconspicuous air dam was worth a couple mpg. Lighter rims + narrower tires was another mpg or two.

Those 7th gen Civic are sweet cars.
I'm currently running 53 PSI, they were around 47 when i did that 47.5 MPG tank. I read a write up MetroMPG did about rolling resistance with higher tire pressures. I haven't yet done any testing of my own but it seemed like pressures beyond the max sidewall of 44 offered very minimal returns. As of right now I likely wont exceed 53, I feel that's a good safe number with reduced rolling resistance.