View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
MtnFun
EcoModding Lurker

How to richen the fuel with the O2 sensor?

I've read plenty about the EFIE modules designed to increase the voltage a tiny bit, to fool the ECU into going lean on the fuel injection. So I'm assuming that resisting the voltage down a tenth or two (in volts) would do the opposite - increasing the fuel being used. My question is for any electrical wiz types out there (of which I'm not), how best would this be accomplished?

Since I would also assume that we are dealing with mA current, would something as simple as a potentiometer work? If so, what value would be needed to cut the voltage by such small amounts, where you could adjust between zero and perhaps 3 or 4 tenths of a volt drop in signal? And where best would a person put this device? I would assume inline with the same wire as the signal to the ECU runs in.

My apologies if this question has already been addressed, it seems all I can find is how to boost the voltage by a small amount, not drop it down a bit. I appreciate anyone taking the time to assist in my endeavor - thank you. Michael