View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
ldjessee00
EcoModding Apprentice

The Leaf - '17 Nissan Leaf SL

Outback - '16 Subaru Outback

Vaquero - '20 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
My dream vehicle for the longest time was a 4 door electric Wrangler with a generator trailer. The Wrangler would have a battery and a super capacitor, with the capacitor acting as a buffer to and from the battery for high draw operations (where it would tax the battery in such a way as to reduce range). The super capacitor would take in regenerative braking and fast charging and then feed it to the battery over time.

Then as EVs became more and more viable, I thought the trailer with PV panels and a battery would be good enough.

Now, I think the Cybertruck is my dream vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor95 View Post
A pretty accurate description of FE discussion on Jeep forums, ha.

I think EV adoption here will plateau after a point. I do see some, but people love their big trucks and SUVs. No one seems to be fazed by the fact that we have some of the highest gas prices in the nation. Because of this I'm sure that the rest of the country won't adopt EVs just because of fuel prices.
I think since there is an outlet for those that want EVs (half a million Model 3s have sold), that the pressure has been reduced. I also think that as the technology keeps getting better and there are real world examples of how an EV can be better for most use cases than an gas/diesel vehicle, It will draw people over for the performance and convenience.

Still waiting on a large frame cruiser or standard style EV motorcycle. My current top pick is Zero Motorcycle DSR (possibly the black forest edition), but it seems they are designed for someone under 6ft and less than 200lbs.