View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I routinely shift 1-3-5 in the MPGiata. It's geared super-sporty-low, even wth the oversize rear tires I put on to get the RPM down a bit.

Sometimes I am seduced into the 1-2-3-4-5 routine, simply because it truly is a fun shifter to use. So I play race-car driver once in a while.

Then I reach 50 km/h / 30 mph and calm down.

I haven't driven the Mirage enough to figure out if skip-shifting will be par for the course, though I have done it more than a couple of times.

I think you (used to, before millions of cretins invaded) be about pack center in this.

I was running tanker with a quite unstable load a few years back. 18-gears up and 18-gears down. Every time. Anything to keep from waking up that monster. ALWAYS at or above 40-tons.

On a major metro street (six lanes) meeting another thus a quite large intersection, I’d have 11-12 shifts completed before clearing that intersection at 22-mph. With 6-7 to go to hit 50-mph.

Y’all crack me up with the impatience. Shifting is just a rhythm. Didn’t any of you learn to sing or play music (means nothing Electric needed)? Did you only learn to perform three bars out of a number?

Correlate the other actions of your life. The ancient, “in it, but not of it”, admonition. For which your car will thank you.