View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
I guess Jeep reliability has gone downhill. We went through a couple of Cherokees in the 1980's and 1990's and they were pretty much add-gas-and-go. Until they rotted out, but that's another story.

My Tacoma is no winner at the gas pump. But who buys a vehicle like that for its gas mileage anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I see some people on EV forums saying they bought a Tesla M3 or a new Chevy Bolt to save money. I suppose buying a Chevy Bolt saves money if the other consideration was a Porsche. I would just be suspicious if their top priority in a vehicle is to save money. You don't buy a new $40k vehicle to save money.
"Saving money" is a loaded term when it comes to cars. If you're the sort who assumes that there will be a several-hundred-dollar monthly payment of some sort related to the vehicle in the driveway, every month, in perpetuity, then to you, a Tesla saves money because there won't be a corresponding set of gasoline purchases on the credit card.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wdb For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (01-27-2020), MetroMPG (12-27-2019), redpoint5 (12-26-2019), slowmover (12-26-2019)