View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogatyr View Post
Good morning ,
Granted, this is only one data point, but I believe my engine in my 2008 Civic Si sedan is starting to break in. I had a tank of 38.18 mpg yesterday on a ride to my home office in CT. Overall, my average is just over 35mpg for the 3400 miles I've got on the car, but things are starting to move along. Prior to the trip to CT, I changed the oil for the first time. Since it's still breaking in, I went with regular old Pennzoil 5w30. I'll probably put synthetic in once the temperatures get a little colder.
Thanks,
Bogatyr
Never go by just one or two data points for your mileage, there are too many variables to accurately predict. But nice tank mileage though, you are within the top 3% of civic drivers that gets that kinda mileage if I may be so bold.

BTW, what's the odometer at? I break in engines with regular oil for the first 10,000 miles (change the oil at 1,000, 3,000, 6,000, and at 10,000 go synthetic.) My Corolla's at 130,000 and still runs like a top, no oil burning like most cars of this generation. Just my $0.02. Good luck.